How to Brush
Proper brushing should take about 2 to 3 minutes. Use a soft brush and a flouride toothpaste. Start at one place and work around your mouth. Brush each tooth as shown below.
1. Hold the brush at a 45 angle at the gumline. Gently brush using a circular motion. Don’t scrub or use a lot of pressure.
2. Brush the inner and top chewing surfaces of the back teeth using the same circular motion.
3. Turn the brush and use to tip to clean the inner surfaces of the upper and lower front teeth. Brush your tongue and rinse well.
How to Floss
Floss at least once a day to remove plaque between the teeth and below the gums. Start at one place and work all the way around your mouth. Floss between each tooth as shown below.
1. Wrap 18 inches of floss around your middle fingers. Secure it with your index fingers and thumbs.
2. Ease the floss between your teeth. Wrap it around one side of the tooth, forming a C-shape.
3. Gently work the floss up and down, going below the gum line. Then, go back to step 2 and do the other side of the tooth.